Application of vermicompost makes three types of impacts on soil and plants.
· increases the water holding capacity of the soil;
· promotes soil aeration;
· improves soil structure and friability;
· reduces soil erosion;
· facilitates the workability of soils.
· increases the amount of nutrients in the soil (organic and inorganic);
· turns inaccessible forms of the compounds into useable power plants;
· prevents groundwater contamination with heavy metals and radionuclides;
· reduces the degree of leaching (chemical) fertilizers;
· reduces the dose of fertilizer giving the same crop when using in the field;
· increases the buffering capacity of soils, which increases their ability to resist chemical stresses.
· stimulates the growth of soil microflora and accelerates mineralization of organic substances;
· acts as a carrier and vehicle of nutrients through the cell wall;
· enhances cell respiration;
· stimulates the growth of roots and shoots;
· increases the viability and the percentage of seed germination;
· increases the solids content in the plants;
· interrupts the flow into the plant heavy metals and radionuclides;
· reduces the nitrate content in fruits and vegetables;
· reduces the need for chemical fertilizers;
· increases the rate of plant growth;
· shortens the vegetation period of plants;
· improves crop quality and increases the retention period of agricultural products;
· increases the resistance of plants to diseases.
· one ton of vermicompost is equivalent to 20 tons of compost;
· three - five tons of vermicompost per 1 ha increases productivity of agricultural lands twice;
· is working in the soil for at least 4 years;
· reduces the use of chemicals and fertilizers;
· reduces costs of transportation;
· reduces fuel needed for soil;
· reduces labor costs (person / hour);
· mulching humus into the soil, when using it in urban forestry avoids cutting and disposal of soil contaminated with
· is used in remediation of oil-contaminated soils.
As a conclusion, all these factors enable to produce high quality and environmentally friendly agricultural products and to
reduce losses during storage.